Friday, November 27, 2009

Back to school....high school?

This fall i'm going into high school. I'm a bit nervous. Do you have any advice you could give me on fashion, clothes, make-up and hair?



I'm going for kind of a preppy style.



How can I be really Confident?



Any other advice you can give me about high school?



What trends do people wear alot, please don't say certain stores.



i'm also kind of shy , i really want to break out of my shell, how can i do that?



Back to school....high school?

hey! i'm gonna be a junior this year. i think you and i kinda have a similar style. I like having a unique look but kinda preppy too. wearing some really cute jeans with a unique shirt and jewelry is always a hit. in high school people do tend to wear certain trends like only hollister or only abercrombie or whatever. but those people never really get complimented on their outfit because everyone knows exactly where they got it. i'm not gonna lie, i usually only wear hollister or american eagle jeans, but i never wear a logo tee with them. those stores have the best most stylish jeans what can i say. look in magazines like teen vogue or seventeen to see where you can find some really cute tops, shoes, and jewelry. they have back-to-school guides. having a unique trendy style will be a hit with everyone, and every clique will compliment you on it.



as far as trends go, 80's looks and 60's looks are very popular. pony tail with a cute scarf. skinny jeans, peep toe shoes. cute jewelry. also oversized bags and purses. in bright colors.



as far as being more confident. just be yourself, develop your own unique style, it will give you confidence and be a conversation starter. another great way to get some confidence quickly is take a drama class. it will demand confidence and give you the confidence you will need in every day life. or join the drama club. you'll meet knew people that way and they can help you with confidence and style as well.



my first day of high school i was so scared. but i decided i was going to pretend like i already knew everybody and be friendly. compliment at least one person sitting next to you in every class. they are just as nerveous as you are and they will appreciate the compliment. it wil be a quick way to make a friend and will make it seem less scary.



makeup and hair. is simply whatever you like. just change it up depending on the outfit your wearing or how you are feeling that day.



good luck! you'll love high school.



Back to school....high school?

hey i'll be a junior this year..i member my first day its scary at 1st..stick wit friends%26amp;tlk 2 ppl n ur classes!its only as hard as u make it..most upperclassman aint mean or bullies..its not that bad..have fun, be urself%26amp;wear wat u think is comfy..it'll past by fast!! good luck!! Report It



Back to school....high school?

straighten your hair and wear clothes that are unique and eye catching. im going into high school too but everybody already considers me very stylish. tight-ish jeans, fitted clothes. fun shoes. i just recently bought ballerina flats and polka dot flats. aeropostale shirts are better than hollister because they fit different and they arent so tight. earrings and long beaded necklace complete any t-shirt- and-jeans look. c ya~



Back to school....high school?

trends... well if u want preppy, u could do... girly skirts? idk. i skate



Back to school....high school?

dont have a clue



Back to school....high school?

If your shy, join a club. If you love horses, join or even start a horseback riding club. This is how most people, "break out of their shell."



Back to school....high school?

wear what you like, and remember to be yourself. i just graduated high school last year and just finished my first year in college, trust me, no one remembers what anyone wore when, and no one cares. just have fun and enjoy it, be yourself because in the end, you have no one to impress but yourself!!! good luck in high school, and enjoy being young!!!!!!!!



Back to school....high school?

Okay, high school is NOT at all like the tv tells you it is.



At least mine isnt.. and I'm from Canada, but its not much different in America either I dont think.



There arent cliques like in mean girls haha, theres groups of people who are friends and who hangout together but theres no specific cliques.



You should just be natural and yourself, wear a cute skirt and a top, and pull your hair up if its warm or anything that makes YOU feel comfortable. Guys in highschool are on their way to getting more mature, so they'll focus on your face more rather than your body/clothes when deciding if you're attractive or not (unless theyre a jerk)



Recent trends would be the emo tight pants and converse/vans and flat shoes with girls and just normal casual clothes, nothing in particular.



Confidence and Shyness is something a lot of people struggle with you're not alone!! You cannot really overcome it just like that, it takes time, but just believe in yourself, feel good in your outfit and if it helps repeat to yourself in your head I can do this, I'm not alone.



Because you arent, the rest of the world is like that too!



Have fun, high school is awesome, not nearly as scary as it seems!!



Back to school....high school?

I'm going to high school too! Well I woud say stick with your friends and hang with the people you know first, then after awhile try to make friend with someone in your classes, they choose that class so they must have the same interest. And about your clothes just where whatever you're most comfortable with. Good Luck!



Back to school....high school?

Haha, last year was my firt year of High school, and I have to say, i absolutely learned alot. Your best bet is to be originial, and act yourself, that way you won't ditch your friends, or you'll end up finding friends that like you for who you are. Clothing wise,(even though you said not to say it) hmm...cute surfer look is good. Try polos, board shorts, capris, bermudas, baby doll tops, flip flops. etc. American Eagle, Hollister, Abercrombie, and Pac Sun are some cool stores. Maybe think about getting your hair styled before you go back. Preppy, yeah, I have a whole circle of blonde preppy friends, so i would know. They like purses, like coach, etc. And you can never go wrong with a La Coste polo. Just have fun, it's your freshman year, and I'll bet you'll do great. If you need anything else, you can email me. I got my hair angled, layered, and side bangs for a cute, preppy look, but i liked it alot.



Just be inviting and meet new people.



Back to school....high school?

Having good posture can make you feel confident. I think it really varies from where you are, what the trends and high school as a whole will be like for you. At my school, there is a lot of stupid drama. I would recommend that you stay out of it like I do because there are a lot of catty people in high school. I generally don't see people bullying anyone or anything like that so I would give to much thought to it. I was extremely nervous when I started highschool but once you get into the routine it will be fine. Just enjoy yourself. I regret worrying about it so much when i started because I missed some good times. I'm now going into 11th grade. As far as the trends at my school, there are a lot of preps, hicks, and scene kids. lol



And I am very shy as well. I'm still struggling with that. I would just say to try to talk with everyone and get to know everyone. Don't be afraid what they will say, they are in the same boat as you. And good luck! :]



Back to school....high school?

HOLLISTER! FOREVER21! UM....CLOTHES LIKE THAT!



OMG IM STARTING HIGH SCKOOL TOO!!!! LOL THATS AWESOME!!!! LOL GOOD LUCK!



Back to school....high school?

The #1 tip I can give you: don't sell out! Just because everyone does it doesn't mean you have to do it too.



If you're going preppy then it's pretty easy to pull that off these days but do society a favor and put your own spin on things. Fashion will be typical, clothes the same, some make up but not too much and you'll probably want to change your hair style or color about once every week, it's all the same these days with preppy girls.



As for your confidence the best thing you can do with that is don't start or get involved in rumors as much as you can. Even though they can work wonders for some people they can also ruin you. You'll have no confidence at all if people are talking about you behind your back. Also don't get all emotional and keep a level mind, don't go wandering off and keep it real. But there's also a time to be funny and joke and all but you have to know when that is.



Some other things: kids say crazy stuff about people, teachers, administrators and other people. About 90% of it comes from their narrowmindedness and inability to look at the other side of things. I've gone through classes with teachers who from rumors sounded pretty bad but they actually weren't that bad, of course no one's perfect but if you see people for their better side of things then your high school experience will be much more enjoyable. And also if you're not in a sport I would highly advise you to try one out, it can be a great way to meet new people and make new friends. I'm on my school's swim team and I've done so much because of it that I probably wouldn't have if I hadn't joined the team. Just pick your friends wisely and cut the weak links. Also, if you ever feel pressured by sports to cut back on your academics then you should consider quitting the sport. I say you should have at least 3 good reasons why you should quit a sport and falling grades should be your #1 reason in a case like that. I quit the track team partially because my grades were slipping and I had fantastic grades after I quit.



Trends that high school kids wear a lot? Well I can tell you from living in a town full of suburban white people about 80% of my school wears mall stuff. Hollister, American Eagle, Abercrombie %26amp; Fitch, all the stereotypical stuff you would associate with a white high school these days. Schools with more minorities will kind of be the same except they have their own stores and places they like to shop at, again pretty much everything is stereotypical of high schools these days.



Lastly, breaking out a shy shell freshman year is no easy task. The #1 thing: don't hang around with senior football players or jocks! They only have one thing on their minds and that's in their "head" (note quotation marks). As I said before choose your friends wisely and cut weak links. If you hear any of your "friends" making or passing rumors it's time to back off. In this case just fade out from them and it'll be easy with no bad rumors started about you.



Back to school....high school?

Starting high school is a major step.



You might've heard some rumors and such..but I'm sure you'll be fine.



If you want to dress preppy, you can go to Hollister, American Eagle, Abercrombie %26amp; Fitch, Aeropostale, Charlotte Russe, Forever 21, etc.



Wedge sandals can make pretty much any outfit complete.



And if you have the right accessories..you're all set.



Just remember..not too many.



I'm shy too..so I know where you're coming from. I've always wanted to break out of my shell and make alot of friends..but every year, I always find myself going back to my old ways.



But this year..I'll be in a rband new school..in a new state..and it's sorta scary. I'll be a junior with a thousand some peolpe I've never seen before in my life.



But then again..it sort of makes it easier because no one knows me..I can be anyone I want to be. I don't have to be that shy girl in the back of class..I can be that really ougoign,friendly girl that's nice to everyon..and that's what I'm aiming for.



Just talk to people from every 'clique' and never judge others or start rumors.



Good luck and I'm sure you'll be fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++