Sunday, November 29, 2009

Since when were rockers a fasion?

Lately, I notice my friends just take one look at Fall Out Boy or Avril Lava-whatever, decide one day:



"I want to look like this!"



I've had a few friends who just ran off to Target and bought a cheap guitar, dyed their hair black, played dress up with tight shirts and jeans that say; "Rock Forever, Led Zepplin, The Beatles, Slipknot"



And when asked if they can play the cheap guitar.....



They can't



Asked who are The Beatles....?



No clue



I'm fine and dandy with my friends being followers of a trend, but as a long-time guitarist, I have people asking me why I don't follow the trend also.



That is what is annoying me to no end lately.



I understand it's a popular clothing trend, but why am I as a guitarist, expected to dress that way? I really don't enjoy my friends asking me to wear skin-tight jeans and be a 'real' rocker.



I used to believe that being a real Rocker was about appreciating the music.



I'm curious who's also annoyed?



Since when were rockers a fasion?

I am annoyed...but I know why they do it. Because it is embraced with such bands as Fall Out Boy, Panic at the disco, and hinder. They want quick fame with crap songs.



Since when were rockers a fasion?

lol, i'm also annoyed, they're fakers for trying to be rockers when they have no idea about the bands!!!!



Since when were rockers a fasion?

I'm annoyed! There a lot of people I know do that, they always ask me why don't I care about my look and why don't I copy famous people "look"! Gah!



Since when were rockers a fasion?

Sorry, I've been into music all my life %26amp; the Beatles never wear tight pants!!!! Robert Plant,Bowie%26amp;Jagger did ,but most didnt,, Roger Waters%26amp;David Gilmore(pink Floyd), Eric Clapton,ozzy. The only rockers that dress like like that r jokes, posion,white snake and any bands that had girls rolling on cars. The had to have pants to match the hair. Dont ever compromise your love and talent. By the way, Rockers were in fashion before Elvis!!!!



Since when were rockers a fasion?

I dont think there is anything wrong with wanting to dress like the music, but if you have no idea who those bands are or what they are about, its stupid.



Since when were rockers a fasion?

posers annoy the hell outta me. they think they're "real" when they're the fakest of them all. I don't pretend to be what i'm not. I'm not a great guitarist but I'm learning. I don't strut it around like I'm a "rocker" because I'm trying to become a real one. I don't try to go through all the looks because that's the least important thing.



Since when were rockers a fasion?

I'm also quitet annoyed. I've been listening to rock since I was 11 and my friends use to make fun of me for it, but now it's like "hey! I have more Led Zep T shirts that you and I don't even know what Physical Graffiti is!". I think the idea of rock becoming more popular is wonderful, I would just like the people who claim to listen to them to acually listen to real rock, not Avril Lavigne, Hilary Duff and whatever those stupid pop bands. The image of rock is cool but the acual music is still not. Half of the people wearing Pink Floyd T shirts today will say their favorite Pink Floyd song is "The Wall. Heck if you're gonna name the most obvious answer, at least get the name right! It's called "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2"!. Okay... end of rant :0)



Since when were rockers a fasion?

Ever heard of "mods and rockers" from like the late sixties and seventies?



it's not exactly a new thing.



Since when were rockers a fasion?

I understand what you're saying and I'm only 27 but I'm sure it quite often becomes fashionable.



Rock'N'Roll, Punk, Grunge, Nu Metal, Emo. Anything that goes against the grain seems to develop it's own followers and then the people that want to be like them - if you see what I mean.



I used to get really annoyed about it when I was a teenager but then... I just learnt to let go... a bit.



Probably most people you see that follow rock trends are either in the media or are just kids.



That being said, I can understand where you're coming from because there's a bigger issue involved. Why do people just accept whatever is put in front of them? Why don't some people want to hear what is not always in the mainstream unless it is fashionable?



I guess there's no excuse for it but everybody thinks differently.



I guess people also get annoyed because music is so personal and when someeone uses it to look cool, many people find it offensive.



But still... it doesn't bother me anymore... Lol

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++