Sunday, June 20, 2010

Going to a 50's party and have a poodle skirt outfit complete with saddle oxfords. a few questi

My skirt is hot pink w/black poodle, black polo-style shirt w/hot pink poodle, black cinch belt with rhinestone clasp to match the rhinestone collars on both dogs. The "leashes" are both silver braid. My scarf is hot pink. Black crinoline under the skirt. I have a pink w/black dots dice shaped handbag.



Should I wear the scarf around my neck or the base of my ponytail? Which was more common? Shirt has a poodle on it as well, so think the scarf would be better in the hair?



Also, weren't the bobby socks plain, as in no poodle/other embroidered on them?



What kind of earrings should I wear?



My mom made mention of an odd trend in her hometown, and that was to wear a little tiny clothespin on your collar--said they came in all colors to match outfits. Is this familiar, and if so, where can I find them?



Did the girls where any other kind of jewelry, ie bracelets etc?



I'm trying to be as authentic as humanly possible so, Thanks heaps in advance!



Going to a 50's party and have a poodle skirt outfit complete with saddle oxfords. a few questions:?

The scarf should be tied around your pony tail. The bobby socks were plain or with a lace trim. I never heard of wearing a clothes pin. The jewelry we wore were ID bracelets or charm bracelets. Pearl earrings or a pearl necklace were also common. We wore something called "pop-it" beads but I don't think those are available anymore. The beads popped together. They were multi colored.



It sounds like you are going to look very authentic. Wear red lipstick and mascara, no other make-up.



Going to a 50's party and have a poodle skirt outfit complete with saddle oxfords. a few questions:?

Have fun at the party. I wish I could go. Report It



Going to a 50's party and have a poodle skirt outfit complete with saddle oxfords. a few questions:?

scarf at the base of your ponytail, plain socks that fold down, and plain stud earrings - pearl, maybe?



Going to a 50's party and have a poodle skirt outfit complete with saddle oxfords. a few questions:?

Your outfit sounds amazing. Post a picture! Wear the scarf up high on the pony tail...neck to the scalp. No bow, ends hanging. Fold down bobby socks. Hoop earrings. Charm bracelet. Never heard of the little clothespin thing. CHEW GUM and blow bubbles. Get an old Pepsi or Coke bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++