Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hippie: dead or alive?

r there still hippies in the haight ashbury?



oh and is it still cool to be a hippie? or is the hippie trend dead and will never return?



(im 16, growing my hair, play acoustic guitar, litsen to 60's music, do TM, smoke weed, and trying to dress psychedelic..... and many liberal thoughts....... is it natural to do or am i kid born in the wrong generation)



Hippie: dead or alive?

beatles were cool for a reason. and they still are.



the songs of then make a lot more sense than the crap of today.



nature is a good thing to ponder on.with out it we wouldnt exist.



too bad the other kids in your school dont know any better, it is a sign of the times.in the 60s and 70s we smoked a lot od weed



tinkered on our cars and thought about getting laid a lot. that was about it other than the ones that were into politics,i never was.i quit smokeing weed a few years ago but i still tinker on my ride,play my guitar, listen to music,and still try to get laid a much as possable too (: as far as the hippie culture going away,yes im afraid it is. to bad though,those were the best days of my life.....



Hippie: dead or alive?

yeah, im that way too...but i add a touch of goth to it...but anyway... yeah, i seem to think i was born in the wrong generation too. my co-worker (in her 50's) said that i would of loved growing up in her era. im sure i would have.



Hippie: dead or alive?

I think alot of the hippie fashion is comming back but that might be it. I have always thought of myself as a young hippie and would loved to have lived in the 60s. My political views are very liberal, sort of to each his own. my religious beliefs are kinda mixed with Wicca and Hinduism. A lot of times i like groovy 60s or 70s clothes.



I guess i'm kinda a hippie. I wish the hippies would come back. This summer lets make a new summer of love lol.



Hippie: dead or alive?

That's cool. i used to go to Love In's with my older sister when I was 12 back in the 60's.



Good to find your own way. I noticed that in Europe, the young people are more into the Hippie thing than in the states.



Many older Hippies can be found in Hawaii on the Big Island.



They are still wearing tied-dyed clothes etc.



The 60's had some very great things happening with music,the rap stuff nowdays is so negative not surprized that you have to go back 40 years to find the good stuff.



The 60's were a time for love and hopefullness, we need more young people to be positive to help the world.



Hippie: dead or alive?

you may have been born in the wrong generation, as I feel I have as well, but who cares? Just be yourself!



Hippie: dead or alive?

I do not know about there being Hippies left in "The Haight' but I know that my grandma and grandpa who live in Georgetown are the biggest pothead Hippies EVER!!!!!! Peace...~M~



P.S. I think you may have connected with a past-life memory.



Hippie: dead or alive?

Hippiedom exists everywhere there is tolerance of and acceptance of otheres ideas! I am one!



Hippie: dead or alive?

Drove by Haight Ashbury awhile back. There are a few "hippies" still there. Smelly old people who are too lazy to get a real job now that their "statement" has been made. Most of the hippies grew out of it. The rest are burned out junkies who are mad at the world.



Yes, it is cool to make your own statement. Make it your own however, then it is way cooler. Who cares what anyone else thinks is cool though, as long as you do. There are a bunch of deadheads out there that still listen to that music trying to be cool.



Hippie: dead or alive?

It's still cool, and don't let anyone tell you any different. I grew up a huge fan of 60's and 70's music. My favorite band of all time is the Grateful Dead.



You be who you are and don't worry about anyone else.



The weed thing is kind of odd, because it will hold you back and soften any ambitions you have.



The rest of it is okay. Being a hippie is a way of life and follows what you believe in.



I think it's cool that you have chosen to be who you are inside and not worry about what people think. If they are true friends, they will remain that way.



(I am still a hippie, and I'm only 35)



Hippie: dead or alive?

Hippies are dead and gone dude

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++