Sunday, June 20, 2010

How's this poem (persian poet , Hafiz) ?

I said I long for thee



You said your sorrows will end.



Be my moon, rise up for me



Only if it will ascend.



I said, from lovers learn



How with compassion burn



Beauties, you said in return



Such common tricks transcend.



Your visions, I will oppose



My mind's paths, I will close



You said, this night-farer knows



Another way will descend.



With the fragrance of your hair



I'm lost in my world's affair



You said, if you care, you dare



On its guidance can depend.



I said hail to that fresh air



That the morning breeze may share



Cool is that breeze, you declare



With beloved's air may blend.



I said, your sweet and red wine



Granted no wishes of mine



You said, in service define



Your life, and your time spend.



I said, when will your kind heart



Thoughts of friendship start?



Said, speak not of this art



Until it's time for that trend.



I said, happiness and joy



Passing time will destroy.



Said, Hafiz, silence employ



Sorrows too will end my friend.



How's this poem (persian poet , Hafiz) ?

Hafiz is the best, no doubt!!



How's this poem (persian poet , Hafiz) ?

wow i love poem's and that was really deep i loved it....



How's this poem (persian poet , Hafiz) ?

4 or 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 . . .was it originally written in Persian? If so, who did the translation?



Try some Forough Farrokhzad for some great Persian poetry.



How's this poem (persian poet , Hafiz) ?

who's the translator?



great job ... do you know if the same translator has had a go at Khayyams poems?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
c++